Tuesday, November 6, 2007

WOW....

Can I say today was an exhausting day for me. Today, tuesday, I taught again for my second time. I taught on the Persian Wars and the Peloppenisian war with Greece. I felt like it was too much information for 6th graders to learn in one sitting, I felt like I talked too much! I think if I ever teach the wars again I am going to do it differently and hopefully get to teach it in 2days instead of one. But I think the students enjoyed it, I hope. I now only have to teach 2 more times! I think it will be a bit sad when this all ends. I will miss all those cute 6th graders! Well thats it I will still keep you up to date...Oh and I showed my digital story of the Legend of Halloween on Halloween, the teacher and the students liked it alot! Yeah!

4 comments:

Alene said...

Hey there April. You know I think the trick to remember their names is that our teacher gave us a seating chart list with all of the students names on it, so we could start by remembering them in their seats and then we just work on their names and faces together. We didn't really hit any of the Greek wars, I do know that the Spartans and Athenians view war very differently, but as far as a great way to teach a specific Greek war I am lost. What did you do? I am sure it went well. Keep up the great work, it is sure fun to hear from everyone.

Mrs. Salzman said...

Hi April. I am glad that your digital story went well. Angela and I are showing our digital stories tomarrow. I do hope for no problems. I will be using my husband's laptop instead of the Mac laptops. I too will be sad to leave the classroom when it come time. Keep up the good week and see you in class soon.

Angela said...

I think I am with you, I would teach the wars in at least two days. It is good that you were able to notice that it was too much information. That will help you as a teacher because you will know when your students can't take any more information! I hope you have fun this week!

Mrs. M said...

I LOVE that we are all going to miss our students and we have only been in the classrooms for two weeks!!! (Only 10 days for those of us in the Jordan School District!) It is amazing to me how quickly we become attached!!! Good luck with you next two lessons ~ and I second you on the thoughts of trying to cram too much info into a lesson. I have trouble deciding how much will make a lesson ~ but I guess that's why we are in the schools practicing! See you next week ~ and keep having fun!